Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Job

Well today I started my new job as a nanny and I think it’s going to be quite fun. It’s such a relaxed job compared to photographing weddings and yet it still has its element of chaos. The family is kind and the kids are sweet and well behaved. I have a girl ( 6 ) and a boy ( 2 ). I’m gonna pretty much leave those details at that, since this is the internet after all.

My job is pretty much simple stuff. I take them to school, pick them up, clean, cook, and help with homework and activities. The best part is, it’s part time and not on the days I’ve  scheduled for  shoots so I can ease out the photography stuff slowly. Today I met teachers, neighbors, friends and playmates of the family and I have to say Kudos to these people for seeking community. What a well rooted neighborhood. Everyone helps each other out!

While visiting the elementary school today a group of 6 year olds cornered me.

“ are you new?”

“ Yep, sure am”

“do you go here?”

“don’t you think I’m a little old for that?”

“I guess so. Do you work here?”

“Nope, not that either. “

“how old are you?”

“How old do you think I am? I’ll give you a hint, I’m married and I’ve graduated college.”

“oh you’re fifteen!”

DSC_0334

Also I was surprised when I left to get a “bye-bye Sarah”from the two year old…I’m pretty sure I never mentioned my name the whole day except when I was getting introduced to other adults. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...