Monday, September 12, 2011

Ducks in Hampton Park

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is the most amazing place in Charleston. Here’s a little bit of the park via visual tour:

wefDSC_1270DSC_1335154111DSC_1297DSC_1343

Juneau and I like to walk in the grass instead of the circuit since there are so many runners. Today we found a huge pile of mulch that Juneau kept climbing and rolling in.

DSC_1266DSC_1309

There is a beautiful pond in the middle with lots of well groomed grass- the perfect sunny place to stretch out in the grass, write, sketch, read, and have God-time.

23f315411514noj

…and there are ducks,  geese, and seagulls to Juneau’s great joy. She is so intense when it comes to watching them. her strong prey drive can be hard to curb, in fact on our very first visit to the pond she got away from me and jumped into the pond. The geese were less than thrilled and the rather large side made it difficult to retrieve the wet slippery wolfie.

dukj

She was content this time to chase via side of pond.

DSC_1379DSC_1376w3fDSC_1393

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...