Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The crazy art house

DSC_5914

I just thought I’d share a few pictures from this crazy art house. It’s a large house in the country available as a vacation rental. It’s two stories and has a pool in the backyard. The owners weren’t afraid to cram it full of personal details and funky finds. Like for instance, they did a taboo thing and painted  a monogram on their beautiful hardwoods:

DSC_5919DSC_5915

And here is a bold choice, sparkles in black paint for the living room walls. 

DSC_5917

Skateboarders painted in the main hall bathroom

DSC_5918

The playground outside was a pretty sweet setup complete with a swing set, slide, and pirate sign.

DSC_6028DSC_6039

The pool had glow in the dark paint and lights that changed color under the water:

DSC_6348

The pool furniture was handmade from old boards and sewn cushions in orange, aqua and red.

DSC_5996

Instead of mulch in some of the shrub areas, they had this sea glass/ blue rocks

DSC_6154

I wish I had snapped a few more pictures but I was busy working. They had a huge blown glass gallery suspended on one of the walls. Every room was a different Jewel tone and there were little scrolly or handmade details everywhere. Outside they had birds made of brightly colored metals adorning the lawn.

This house was completely opposite of anything I would ever put in my own home, but I enjoyed it’s boldness. The owners went with what they liked and it made a statement. Their bright colors made for a cheerful backdrop for those entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...