Friday, July 22, 2011

beware the chair

Alice the chair, she’s pink…remember her?

cjard

If not, I got her from Old Town Antiques for 35 bucks. She’s comfy, sturdy, but again pink. Not that I have anything against pink, but I have no flamingo’s in our décor and she’d be much better off with a slipcover.

DSC_1161But to cover her in? That is the question of the day. I have a few ideas via Pinterest, but I’d love some thoughts…suggestions. I’m looking for something modern (which is perhaps an oxymoron since it will go over an “old lady” chair). It needs to hide stains from the baking hubby, coffee spilling wife, and a dirt loving-black-and-white-shedding-husky. Whoops, looks like my only options are industrial steel or gunmetal…but no, it really needs to be something I can take off and wash, so none of that high maintenance fabric stuff.

Here’s the stuff I’ve liked thus far:

1. Big fat stripes, or small vertical stripes

                  La Dolce VitaChic Geek: Mag Must-Haves Gramercy Wingback Chair | Pottery Barn

2.  Something of the linen variety

FOUNDwingbacktweedHarris TweedTweed headboard

even borrowing and idea from these outfits, and thinking a grey linen with a navy pillow, or a neutral linen with a caramel and white pillow.

mmm tweedtweed and shorts 

3. A pattern or print

Alkemie: The Classic Wing ChairPaisley Wingback ChairHand Loomed Ikat Pillow Cover | west elmpossible fabric for throw pillow.1/4 metre Herds in grey Yardage by skinnylaminx on Etsya.jpg (JPEG Image, 553x831 pixels) - Scaled (66%)

4. Black or white

wingback captain chairs. nice.Scene. Low wingback chair.

 

Any thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...