Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pet Peeve

If I go without makeup, all day long I hear:
"are you feeling okay?"
"are you tired?"
"wow you look terrible" (like tired)
"do you have a cold?"
"did you get sleep last night?"

So i'd just like to clarify something... I'd like for once to be lazy in public and not put mascara on and have people just accept that I am a blond and I don't have dark eyelashes. Oh and the lines on my face, they are hereditary, so no i'm not tired, I have puffy under eyes. Lets face it, you aren't used to seeing it because every photo, ad, billboard in america photoshops them out. 
Sorry about my angry rant. I just got back from the grocery store and low and behold both the meat dude and the check out clerk said in their own cheerful way-"looks like you got the flu this season"

1 comment:

  1. hahah oh my goodness, sarah...i totally identify with this post. and it's even worse for me after a long winter when my skin has faded into a sickly olive pallor. i get lots of concerned looks and i swear people avoid me in the grocery store, as to not catch what i have. don't worry, people...this isn't communicable...unless you are unfortunate enough to be my offspring, that is :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...