Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hello Suburbia

I had waay too many things to do today, but couldn't resist pulling over in this desert of suburbia to take pictures. I had just come from a newborn shoot at the hospital, and had some time before I shot a small event downtown and then headed out to eat dinner with the mother in law and company. This blowing grass is one of my favorite things, I see it everywhere and just think it's so picture-esque. I received a total of two car honks while taking this picture, which is why I only took one. I had parked my car on the side of the road and used the hood as my tripod. I look like a Realtor. Yay. 
I also took some Pan shots to capture the unworldly beauty of the sky this afternoon. These are about 2o shots placed together in Photoshop. This allows me to cheat both depth of field and my lens, since I used a 18-135mm and it becomes like a 300mm. I'm looking forward to April when I'll be renting and playing around with the beautiful D700 with a full frame sensor for the first time. I just can't fall in love with it too much because it'll have to go back. I'll try not to drool on it excessively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...