Monday, October 24, 2011

Goodbye.

I lost a friend today. My dad called me to tell me that our Purdy cat passed on. I got to see her this past weekend, and I knew she wasn’t well but it feels lousy all the same. Purdy was more than just a cat, she was my buddy. She followed me home from our evening walk and lived in our garage for a few days before becoming part of our family.  I didn’t think we’d ever get a cat, and then she just showed up. She was affectionate, quirky and intelligent, the best cat there ever was. I always tell charley that he doesn’t like cats because he never had a cat like Purdy.

I’m grateful our family had her for such a long time and I know that all good things have to come to an end. She lived  a long happy cat life, full of naps and humans that loved her. I’m just so sad to say goodbye and know that she won’t be there when I visit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...