Tuesday, August 16, 2011

virtual shopping

Just perusing and cruising on eBay today and I found so many great furniture pieces, it makes me a little teary eyed. Anyone who follows me on pinterest knows I have a special place in my heart for mid-century furniture. I’m guilty, it got super  trendy and I’m right in there with the gang but it combines vintage with modern in that perfect kind of way. It’s all about the feet too, I’m a sucker for a clean visual footprint (and room to vacuum under).

Here’s what I found in a few minutes:

Wouldn’t this couch look cool recovered in a neutral, like perhaps this grey Ikat fabric? with a solid throw pillow. image3 Yards of Silk Ikat Fabric - Handmade FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDEor maybe keep the orange and do something like this color scheme with lots of raw wood:

The reclining Eames chair, I’d recover them in a dark grey tweed, or a rich caramel color.

imageimage

This one came without the cusion, but would be so easy to make. I love this rain cloud fabric for the cushions.Upholstery fabric  image

and stick em in a space like this:imageimageimage

I can see this in a room like this.

image

Who doesn’t love a Bertoia chair? especially when they usually run for about $300. I’d spraypaint it white of course and use it as an office chair for my ikea table (like in the picture bottom left) using the inspiration from the room on the bottom right.

image

This office chair is screaming MAD MEN, but it would look so good in a dark wood office space. Make a custom desk with hairpin legs and a few books and it’d be happening!

imageimageimage

and that resolves my fantasy furniture buying with my fantasy house and room combos for the day, back to the real world.

{Images via Pinterest & ebay}

2 comments:

  1. oh my...i'm in love with those two rooms under the bertoia chair ebay photo. yellow fireplace, colorful rug, white and gray, super cool pendant lamp [sighhh]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me to! I'm a bad blogger though, I didn't place the source. The dining room with the peru rug is by amber interiors:

    http://amberinteriordesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-cloud-art-and-more-dining-room.html

    the second room was found on decor8 http://www.flickr.com/photos/decor8/5062144325/

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...