Wednesday, November 2, 2011

mums

I’ve been sick of being on the road all the time, so my mom came along to keep me company on my last wedding run! We may have had a few alternative motives (aka, we’d be passing by IKEA). We were supposed to spend more time in charlotte on Saturday morning, but my rental order was messed up and we ended up getting a late start down. Mom was able to explore while I shot the wedding, and picked me up with a welcoming blast of hot air coming out of the car. It was extremely appreciated after the 7 hours spent outside in 50 degree weather.  We had a late dinner together at the outback (mmm steak and salad!).

Then we hit IKEA in the morning! wooo! here’s our lousy phone picture aha:

photo (18)

I had an agenda, to get a giant poster frame for charley’s hedgehog poster print….but I may or may not have stuck a few extra things in the cart. Like these cookie cutters:

IMG_8121

Who could pass up woodland themed cookie cutters?!? Especially not ones that include a hedgehog AND Juneau shapes (okay so I know it’s a fox but whatev, it’s gonna be Juneau).

IMG_8119

Christmas presents for the kids I nanny:

IMG_8123

These little storage baskets for the bathroom. They smell really really good for some reason. They’re made out of some sort of sweet grass I guess.

IMG_8127

I also got a Christmas and birthday gift for my adorable niece but I’d hate to spoil it so no photo there Smile

For charley I  got two little pie/tart dishes and a travel mug (so I can stop spilling chai tea on his dash in the morning).  For Bruno’s frame, I got the 27x37 RIBBA frame in birch. I had to trim my 30 x 40 poster a bit, but I was cool with that since no one seems to sell poster frames that big (especially not ones in pretty thick birch). It has Plexiglas instead of glass, but I’m okay with that since everything we put on the wall seems to fall on charley’s head ( he has a curse or something). It’s waiting on the floor until I can find a small enough screwdriver to finish the assembly and get it up on the wall firm and secure.

IMG_8124IMG_8126

There were quite a few things I would have loved to have slipped in my cart this time around  but you know how that whole budget thing goes…so we looked, we touched, we sampled, but they stayed there and we’re all a bit happier that way.

In way of admiration, these things look awesome online, and passed the in-person test.

The “I-dream-of-IKEA-list”:

ALVINE RUTA Rug, flatwoven, white/yellow Length: 7 ' 10 " Width: 5 ' 7 "  Length: 240 cm Width: 170 cm  KOLDBY Cowhide, assorted patterns Max. area: 48.44 sq feet Min. area: 34.44 sq feet  Max. area: 4.50 m² Min. area: 3.20 m²  KARIT Bedspread and cushion cover, light beige Bedspread length: 110 " Bedspread width: 71 " Cushion cover length: 16 " Cushion cover width: 24 "  Bedspread length: 280 cm Bedspread width: 180 cm Cushion cover length: 40 cm Cushion cover width: 60 cm  FOTO Pendant lamp, aluminum Diameter: 10 " Cord length: 15 ' 5 "  Diameter: 25 cm Cord length: 4.7 m  JONSBO ILSBO Table lamp, white, beige Total height: 13 " Shade diameter: 9 " Cord length: 86 "  Total height: 32 cm Shade diameter: 22 cm Cord length: 218 cm  SÄTER 2.5-seat sofa, Fräsig dark brown Width: 77 1/2 " Depth: 32 1/4 " Height: 29 1/2 " Seat width: 70 1/2 " Seat depth: 24 3/4 " Seat height: 16 7/8 "  Width: 197 cm Depth: 82 cm Height: 75 cm Seat width: 179 cm Seat depth: 63 cm Seat height: 43 cm  BILLY Bookcase, medium brown Width: 78 3/4 " Depth: 11 " Height: 79 1/2 "  Width: 200 cm Depth: 28 cm Height: 202 cm  ALEX Drawer unit on casters, white Width: 26 3/8 " Depth: 18 7/8 " Height: 26 "  Width: 67 cm Depth: 48 cm Height: 66 cm  TOBIAS Chair, clear, chrome plated Width: 21 5/8 " Depth: 22 " Height: 32 1/4 " Seat width: 18 7/8 " Seat depth: 18 1/8 " Seat height: 17 3/8 "  Width: 55 cm Depth: 56 cm Height: 82 cm Seat width: 48 cm Seat depth: 46 cm Seat height: 44 cm  IKEA 365+ Serving bowl with lid, white, stainless steel Diameter: 10 " Height: 6 "  Diameter: 25 cm Height: 14 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...