Friday, November 18, 2011

Colds are evil

Just a quick hi since I haven’t posted in a while. This week has been ….murky. I’ve been floating by in the hazy atmosphere that is cold. It stinks. I’ve been working 11 hour days and come home to messy kitchen sinks and a computer full of files to be editing. Since I have a sharing nature, I’ve spread my disease to the hubby and roommate (and probably a few others). It’s nice to know I’m to blame for such a widespread bundle of fun. My job seems to be a catalyst of pick-up-and-deposit germ transactions (from schools, playgrounds, little gyms, neighborhood kids, church outings and sports teams I’m getting the finest range of germ possibilities).

There's nothing quite like sleeping under a giant hedgehog to get better. And yes, that’s our clean unfolded laundry on the unmade bed. Deposited, forgotten and an extra bonus layer of warmth in our cold house. One day it will be remembered and placed in the drawers ( I can almost feel my folks shaking their head in disproval from here). For the record, the did raise me better than that, but sometimes you’ve just got to let stuff slide.

jhg8If I squint a little, the end is in sight. Or better yet: thanksgiving is next week, so apple pie and warm food are on the horizon. I crave prayer for productivity right now. I don’t know if that’s selfish or not…but if you could get crackin on that…really, a miracle might happen.

Might I add that huskies tend to get more annoying when you’re sick. Probably because I haven’t walked her in a few days, Juneau’s been more hyper than a squirrel on crack. When the rare circumstance of sleep actually hits, she starts pushing her toys under the covers, wooing and dancing.

kuh9

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...