Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Christmas tree Oh Christmas tree

...Your leaves are so-oo bare! (imagine an off key scratchy noise, that would be me singing). The hubby and I trekked into the cold  got into our heated car last night to find our first ever Christmas tree! After scavenging in the woods in the 25 dollar aisle at lowes, we found ourselves a hunkydory ol tree. We the hubby tied it to the top of the car and prayed that it wouldn't fall off. Upon arrival,we were greeted by our pup whom we comforted and told that we would never ever leave her in the crate while we were away from home again . After about 30 minutes of barking, because of course the tree was an intruder, therefore scary and in need of being barked at.....the tree was put in it's place. The lights were put on (but only on the top 3/4ths of the tree to be away from munching teeth) and.........we realized we had no Christmas ornaments. Never fear, I had recently purchased from Michaels three packages of clear glass ornaments. Shockingly my husband helped me paint them:
"now how to I mix yellow again?"
"honey, that's a primary color."
End product:










Can you tell which one's he painted?

1 comment:

  1. We love it! Jon particularly likes the beheaded stick-man. Some of them are quite lovely, others quite unique... hmmm... I wonder who made which ones = ) Love you both and miss you!

    - Jon and Heather

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...