Tuesday, December 27, 2011

a factory and book recommendation.

This picture is from a few months ago. I was driving through a small town which comprised of this one factory and several rundown buildings. I kinda felt like I was driving though a battlefield, it’s pretty scary looking. Charley looked at this picture and said that this was why he didn’t make too much effort to recycle. I laughed, but it does make me pretty sad that we have these things pouring crud into the atmosphere. He also said he preferred the editing on photo B. I have a theory that men like more clean cut colors with high contrast while women like the soft stuff. Which way do you like better?

lhiIMG_0066

Since you’re on your Christmas holiday, I read this autobiography by Annie Leibovitz a few years ago and loved it. If you are interested in photography or just looking for a good read, it’s a good one (but for heavens sake get it from the library, it’s expensive).  I drove by the billowing smoke and said to myself, “hey, I should pull a leibovitz”. She spent a few years learning photography by shooting the insides of factories in industrial America, a taboo thing to do at the time. She was pretty much a master at getting into anything that was unheard of at the time, as is her claim to fame: a controversial portrait. Of course it wasn’t exactly taboo of me to snap a factory…just a little strange. Charley and I agreed that I could look like this in a few years aha!…{pic credit}

A Photographer's Life: 1990-2005Annie Leibovitz at Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...