Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Charleston Aquarium

Nannying is so cool. The other day I got to go to the aquarium for free.  It’s been a long time since I’ve gone and we both enjoyed it. There are so many things for the kids to do: a play ground for the two’s and under, a boat replica, interactive exhibits. My favorite thing was an octopus under large broad piece of glass…those things are just fascinating in every way. I didn’t take my camera, so I took a bunch of crappy Ipod pictures, BUT a lady told me that they allow pictures so I’m coming back better armed. The exhibits are all very well thought out to show off the creatures in them. The albino alligator for example is in a very dark painted swamp with thunderstorm simulation and lights that make him glow a faint pearlescent shimmer.  My ward had a blast naming the colors and playing with the sounds buttons and screens. His favorite by far was the woodland room with a log you can crawl through and a fake stream….well that and pointing to every fish and shouting “nemo!”

photo (38)photo (32)

photo (33)photo (34)

photo (37)photo (30)photo (42)photo (24)photo (40)photo (43)

photo (27)photo (28)

and here we will take a small moment to appreciate the mural artists:

photo (39)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...