Wednesday, February 1, 2012

paintings from the past

While editing today I found an old art folder with paintings from high school….all lord of the rings inspired (go figure). I figured I’d post em. I don’t paint much nowadays, but I was having some serious paint/creation urges while editing today. Trying to stay on task though. I have been having a few “awesome idea moments” the past couple days. Like, honey-go-find-me-a-pen,-quick! ideas…which is really refreshing to finally be thinking and creating again…I felt like a dried up well for a while.  Now if I can get some of the ideas turned into Doing and Done, I might be headed somewhere.

P1040979

Oil on canvas, I think it’s size is 34x42, here’s a close-up picture.

P1040980

this is a smaller 8x11 oil on a really cheap canvas

P1050038

This is a small light study in oil, 8x11 on bristol paper and board (which is technically taboo because it will rot on that type of paper…oops).

DSC_0712

Forgive the image quality on the left picture. It was a small oil on board for my friend Anne.  The right-side picture was acrylic, also small.

pigDSC_0485

AND not a painting, but here was my wood burning project for our high school art class. It’s a walking stick with a loose interpretation of the hobbit from top to bottom. Burning this thing was super relaxing but I wish I had burnt more contrast into it.

P1040989P1040986P1040984

and this one is not high school but shortly thereafter..the light is making it look pretty speckled. It has a lot of texture and gloss:

DSC_0710

…and because I’m so organized, here’s a drawing from a college art class.

kjuh98

we weren’t allowed to use shading so our values had to be nothing but texture (some parts got rubbed in though):

kjuh98

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...