Tuesday, September 23, 2014

PURPLEstorm

 

I have been having a blast mixing color and exploring how oils work. I let myself work on a bigger panel instead of the smaller sized ones I've been doing.I forget how much patience it takes just to cover the whole thing. I’m also learning that it’s hard to keep a pure white after your turpentine get’s muddied.  I spent a lot of time on a smaller canvas trying to figure out how to get more detail,I got so aggravated that I whipped out the bigger panel and just let myself play with the color for a little while. I definitely need to get some very tiny brushes for detail work. I have a large bright brush, a medium flat and a relatively large detail brush. I never expected to get hooked on the oils!

cloud-18 image image cloud-20cloud-19

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I found a 36x36 canvas at Michaels on sale 67% off ($20!!!!), and am **planning** to slap on some oil clouds pretty soon here. It's like ripping off a bandaid hahah...just gotta do it! I'm really not any good, but at least it'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...