Sunday, July 18, 2010

Theme of the week: Asian Cuisine

My Darling makes the best sushi in the world :) Having watched him make it several times now, I thought "easy peasy, I can do that". Unfortunatly most times I think that, it goes horribly wrong. Like in this case I invited my friend over, couldn't find shishami grade tuna. Asked publix guy. He recommended the frozen stuff. DON'T ever ever ever ever eat frozen fish it sushi . Its gross, I know for a fact now. It's also a good idea to know what temperature to flash fry the sushi. Cooked nasty fish in sushi is extremely gross. 
Lesson Learned. On the plus side, I did discover that at Publix they have these Asian seasoning packages for general tso and other style chicken dishes. Exactly on my speed of cooking: just dump the seasoning with the liquids and add your chicken and rice. They taste just as good as takeout.Sun-Bird General Tso's Chicken Seasoning Mix (Packet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...