Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas morning lacks sleep, so I paint trees instead.

Here is the start of a huge painting...the stretched canvas is actually a little warped...so this one won't be going anywhere.....My gesso was a little chunky, so i think it might have been a little dried out in places. None the less it did the job, but there was more sanding to do than I would have liked. I drew on the trees with charcoal and then just went at it. I didn't have a picture in mind, but I want something to sit on the fireplace at the wedding and our colors are green and black. The "bokeh" looking blobs will eventually be the light coming in throught the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...