Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fabric Covered Buttons for Tufting

 

DSC_0002

Cut just enough fabric to tuck into the center of the button.

DSC_0003

Place the button on the stand with the fabric between.

 

DSC_000634234

Push the button head into the stand

DSC_0006

Tuck in the fabric edges

DSC_0007

Align the button back

DSC_0008

Place the plastic guard over the button back and wack it with your hammer.

DSC_0009DSC_0010

And then out pops the covered button! ( I was spray-painting so my hands are all grizzly and green).

DSC_0011DSC_0012

And why am I tufting? Well during our rainy night curbside raid where we found the burgundy couch, we found this little beat up table. It was so dark that I didn’t even notice that it was missing one of the cross beams until we got back. I spray-painted it white and reupholstered the top seat. It was more of a footstool before so I added some extra batting and a thin piece of foam. I haven’t put the buttons on because I bought the wrong size staples for my staple gun. We had company coming so I just folded everything in place for now.

BEFORE:

DSC_1207DSC_1210

AFTER (in progress):

DSC_0038DSC_0039DSC_0036

Hopefully in the end, the top will look like these:

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! They make my day....really I click to check for them like I have no life...